I remember as a 7th grade girl I went to my dad and told him I was going to run for the class officer secretary position. I was so elated and nervous to step out in faith for this class position that I could not wait to tell this dream to my dad. As I was explaining with excitement and energy about this role that I wanted to take on, I noticed his demeanor was not moved by my 7th grade buzz. So to pull a response out of him, I asked my dad what he thought about this next endeavor I wanted to pursue. With love in his voice and a warm embrace around my waist, I will never forget the words that came out of his mouth next. He said, “If you’re going to run for an office, why not run for president?” Stunned, I looked at him blankly. I had no answer. In fact, the response shocked me and completely shifted my thought process. Why didn’t I think of that before? If I was going to dream, why not dream big!
I look back at the scenario in my early childhood to remind me to dream crazy dreams. Moreover, our Heavenly Father is saying the same thing to us. “God is offended by anything less than your biggest dreams and your boldest prayers.” As Mark Batterson put it, “If your prayers aren’t impossible to you, they are insulting to God…because they don’t require divine intervention.” God is waiting to move miraculously on your behalf and most importantly for His glory!
Before I got a chance to run for office, my father passed away suddenly from a fight with Leukemia. That next year I ran for class president and titled my speech, “Why not me?” I won the election and will never forget the lesson my father left me that day when I spoke to him. Our heavenly Father is welcoming the same invitation in our lives. Why not you?
So, answer this question with honesty and truth…”Are your dreams crazy enough?” If the answer is no, “then you haven’t really come to life yet.” As I was finishing up the book I was reading called “The Circle Maker,” I came across the new Nike commercial released a few days ago as well. They both echo a message that we all need to desperately grasp. Are you dreaming bold, daring, crazy dreams? Are you living your life to its fullest potential? Are you relying on and inviting God to intervene and show His faithfulness in your life? Today is the day to begin if you have not started. I encourage you to pick up the book and dive deep into the pages. Then read it a second time, and again, and again. Batterson outlines 10 practical steps to goal setting and writing down your life goal lists. Below are a few highlights I got from the book. So dream crazy big dreams. Dream daring bold dreams.
If you want, comment below on some of the dreams you are believing for in your life. Be Blessed. Be revealed!
The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson
- Bold prayers honor God, and God honors bold prayers.
- Do the best you can with what you have where you are.
- When was the last time you pulled an all-nighter in prayer?
- After you pray through, you need to praise through.
- Dreaming is a form of praying and praying is a form of dreaming, The more you pray the bigger your dreams will become. And the bigger your dreams become the more you will have to pray.
- May imagination overtake memory.
- Circle makers are risk takers.
- If you give beyond your ability, God will bless you beyond your ability.
- Today could be the day. When you live in prayer mode, you live with holy anticipation.
- I’ve never met a person who didn’t experience some big disappointments on the way to his or her big dream.
- How desperate are you for the miracle?
- We do know that 100 percent of the prayers we don’t pray won’t get answered.
- Pray through the Bible.
- Pray like it depends on God; you also have to work like it depends on you.
- It’s the hard times that teach us how to pray.
- What seems like an unanswered prayer means that God has a better answer.
- Dream Big. Pray Hard. Think Long. Prayer is the inheritance we receive and the legacy we leave.
- The only way you can fail is if you quit trying. If you’re still trying, even if you’re failing, you’re succeeding. God is honored when you don’t give up.
- Your greatest legacy is the prayers you leave behind. It’s also your longest legacy.
- God will still be answering your prayers long after you are long gone. And the ripple effect will only be REVEALED in eternity!