There will never be a “perfect” time but there will always be a right time to dare greatly and go after the dream in your heart. That time is now. Live a life of 100x and believe in something so grand that it will take God’s hand of favor and intervention to make it happen. There is nothing too big for God. In fact, he will surpass our wildest and biggest imaginations. I believe God is pleased with our God-sized dreams. My dad used to say to me “go big or go home!” Friends…I’m telling you the same. Be Blessed! Be Revealed!
From Mark Batterson’s “Chase the Lion”
“The Lion Chaser’s Manifesto”
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death.
Run to the roar.
Set God-sized goals.
Pursue God-ordained passions.
Go after a dream that’s destined to fail unless God intervenes.
Start pointing out problems, become part of the solution.
Stop repeating the past and start creating the future.
Face your fears.
Fight for your dreams.
Grab opportunity by the mane and don’t let go.
Live like today is the first day and last day of your life.
Burn sinful bridges.
Blaze new trails.
Live for the applause of nail-scarred hands.
Don’t let what’s wrong with you keep you from worshipping what’s right with God.
Don’t try to be who you aren’t.
Laugh at yourself.
Dare to fail.
Dare to dream.
Dare to be different.
Chase the Lion!
You’re in a 12 round fight called life and there will be times you want to faint and give up. It’s not those who start that can stand firm in authority, but those who endure all the way to the end. Listen…the worst thing you can do is be around people who have quit when you are border line making a decision. Get around winners! Get around fighters! Get around those who are a couple rounds ahead of you.
People quit because they believe the lie that they will find rest and quiet in their lives finally. Yet, once you relax your arms in a boxing match, you open yourself up for a complete knock out! Keep your arms up, stay ready, and keep going. These are some great points from Pastor Olivier in South Africa on 12 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Quit. Be Blessed! Be Revealed!
- 1. YOU WERE BORN TO BE A WINNER NOT A LOSER – The Word tells us that we are more than conquerors, the head and not the tail, created to reign and rule. However, so many people are walking around defeated. When you are born into the family of God as a new Christian, you are adopted into a family of winners! That’s all we do! That’s all we know! You have to be able to process that in your mind first. There’s a story of a Chinese man walking by a tattoo parlor and saw a tattoo that read “Born to Lose.” The man thought to himself, why would anyone want that on their body? He went inside to ask the owner and the man responded….”Before tattoo on body….tattoo on mind.”
- 2. YOU WON’T FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF – If you don’t feel good about yourself you won’t feel good about others. “Age wrinkles the body but quitting wrinkles the soul.” God wants to build confidence in your life and the enemy wants to steal your confidence.
- 3. IT BECOMES A HABIT – The more you give in the more you allow weakness into your life. The more you have resistance to quit, the more you build strength into your life. We train our bodies to quit or keep going. The thing that separates those who quit and keep going is the word COMMITMENT. They are committed to not give up. Givers don’t have less challenges than non-givers. Givers are just committed to giving.
- 4. YOU WILL FIND RELIEF BUT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE REGRESSION – The word “quit” comes from the word “quiet.” You will find your “quiet” in quitting, but you will actually be going backwards. You are going backwards because you are relinquishing responsibility. The most mature people are those that can handle high volumes and multiple areas of responsibility. That’s why Jesus will always be the most mature person to ever walk this earth because He took on the responsibility of mankind. People give up on their marriages, their jobs, relationships, etc. because they cannot and do not want to commit to the responsibility anymore. God builds into your life when you persevere. When you quit you go backwards and build again.
“Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be MATURE and complete, not lacking anything.” James 1:4 NIV
- 5. YOU ALLOW THE ENEMY TO GET THE GLORY – People think that evil or demonic only looks like murder, smoking, drinking, or sexual immorality. The truth is that you are more like the enemy when you give up on commitment. You’re more like Jesus when you remain committed and do not quit. Jesus endured the Cross! He went through the shame! We need to be people who can bounce back and pick up where we left off.
- 6. YOU’VE COME TOO FAR – You have invested too much already. You have come too far to turn away now. Don’t put a period where God put a comma. You can pause, but don’t stop. God has great plans for your life so you must keep going. You’re destined for glory. Pray all the harder and stay fueled up.
- 7. YOU CAN CAUSE OTHERS TO GIVE UP AND LOSE RESPECT FOR YOU – People are watching you. When you give up it’s a trigger for someone else to do the same. There are so many people hovering over making a decision of whether to give up or not and some people are going still only because you are. In their mind, they are saying that if you can do it, they can too. But when they see you throw in the towel, than it gives them an out to quit. It’s okay to have your time of weeping and crying in difficult times but straighten up and keep going. Stay the course and have staying power.
- 8. YOUR FUTURE IS STILL UNFOLDING AND ITS NOT OVER YET – The reality is that you will get tired, but keep going! Something is happening in the unseen. You have to plant yourself and wait. The problem is that we keep trying to uncover what God is trying to grow. People may laugh at what you believe God put inside you, but don’t let that make you try to hurry the process. What comes out will eventually write your destiny.
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9 NIV
- 9. STOP AND REASON NOT REACT – When you quit you are reacting. Quitting is mostly emotional. Never make a big decision out of emotion. Uncomfortable does not mean it’s not God. We cannot live our lives off feeling; we must live it on principle.
- 10. YOU MIGHT FEEL ALONE BUT YOU’RE NOT ALONE – God is with us. God’s love never quits. God never takes from His children. We are the ones that leave Him! People feel alone and understand that the best among us are capable of some of the most unimaginable sins. However, God will help us through His grace to live the way we ought to.
- 11. YOU CAN HANDLE MORE THAN YOU THINK – The enemy will exaggerate the giants in your life but you are well able! You can do all things through Christ which gives you strength! (Phil. 4:13)
- 12. YOU CAN LOSE YOUR PLACE AND YOUR REWARD – Don’t give up on your eternal reward. There is something waiting for you at the end of your race. Paul said in 2 Timothy 3:7 “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”Don’t give up what’s eternal for some temporary relief here on earth.
There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. If you have quit or are thinking about it, be encouraged…Jesus is ready to welcome you back with grace and mercy! Stay the course, you never know who is depending on you.