Welcome back to The Gospel of Mark: The Jesus We’re Aching For Bible Study (By Lisa Harper)! We are in week 2. Just a reminder, you can visit every Thursday morning for a Bible Study post on the current series I am in. This morning we are going to focus on a lot of reflective questions. Take some time today and the remaining week to ask yourself these soul searching thoughts. Be Blessed! Be Revealed!
Week 2 “Chickens or Champions” (The Soil of Your Heart)
- Mark 4:1-20 (Parable of the Sower)
- How have you seen and experienced the ways Jesus can mend even the most difficult relationships?
- If your closest friends and family were asked whether you were more of a “doer” or a “talker,” what do you think the consensus would be? Why?
- What distractions most often prevent you from paying attention to what God is saying to you through both His Spirit and His Word?
- Describe the last time a tribulation or storm threatened your faith. Did your spiritual roots and foundation hold firm or did you find yourself pulled away from Jesus and shaken to the core of your beliefs? Explain.
- The size of our fruit depends on the softness of the soil. So how about it? How tilled up would you say your ground (heart) is right about now? How has God faithfully plowed you recently? (Psalm 119:75)