This book probably couldn’t have come at a better time for me. Founder of Jesus Culture and Pastor of Jesus Culture Sacramento, Banning Liebscher, wrote his first book titled “Rooted: The Hidden Places Where God Develops You.” It spoke to my heart and I believe it can also speak to yours.
For those of you who believe that they were born to make an impact in this world and feel it deep down in their bones…this book is for you.
For those of you who have a hunger to be great and meaningful change keeps you up at night…this book is for you.
Here’s the thing…we must allow God to establish a root system and foundation in our lives so that what God develops through us will produce fruit that remains. Here are some great nuggets I picked up from reading this book. Enjoy this Appetizer! Be Blessed! Be Revealed!
- Everyone champions accomplishment, but not many people champion the journey. ~ Kelly Clark, Olympic medalist
- Anybody can start a race. Finishers are impressive.
- Unfortunately, many believers today don’t live with forty years in mind, let alone generations, or eternity.
- Neither appearances nor short-term success impress God.
- God always develops us before He develops our vision.
- We’ll never thrive in the process unless we accept the place where God put us, because that is the only place He will work with us.
- Are you more passionate about pursuing a dream or about following Jesus?
- Do what’s in front of you, and do it well.
- You must understand that getting out of sync with the timing of God’s seasons puts you in danger. Don’t rush.
- If you’re not there, it’s because He doesn’t want you there yet.
- We can trust Him with the deep things of our hearts because they are also the deep things of His heart for us.
- God is not interested in your comfort; He is interested in your growth.
- It’s not my responsibility to build or maintain what God opens. It’s my responsibility to follow Jesus.
- So many people are driven by the need to prove themselves. Rest in the fact that God chose you and you have nothing to prove.
- There are many areas where God develops your root system, but none is more important than going deep in the Word of God. The Bible Reveals.
- Perfection is not a requirement to lead. Growth, however, is.
- Everything you will ever need is found in the presence of God. Everything in your life must be birthed from the revelation of His love for you.
- There is an anointing that is found only in one place. If you want to receive, you have to separate yourself to the inner room of prayer.
- You are called to greatness. But greatness looks different than you think. If you really want to be great, here’s how you do it: become the least.
- Love looks like serving.
- Any increased blessing in your life is so that you can better serve others.
- The most joyful people I know are also the greatest servants I know.
- You were never meant to live life alone. You were meant to live in community. Isolation is a killer.
- We do get hurt in community. But we also get healed in community. Community is where we grow. We cannot live without it.
- You don’t need more teaching; you just need the courage to do what God has called you to do.