There is nothing more heartfelt and inspiring to me than someone who has overcome many odds and achieved success. I’ve been there and I’m still there. To see the determination and drive of others reach their goals, encourages me to keep running my race.
The famous Zig Ziglar once stated, “Other people and things can stop you temporarily. You’re the only one who can do it permanently.”
Winners are just ex-losers who GOT MAD. ~ Jeanne Mayo
From Failure to Promise is an unbelievable story about Dr. Cleamon Moorer and his journey of being a college flunk-out to becoming a university professor and dean. He shares his own insights, experiences, but ultimately his personal walk of faith and trust in God. Like all of the books I read and post on Revealed8, I encourage you to pick up and read too! Here are some nuggets from the book that transformed me. Be Blessed! Be Revealed!
- The promise comes from within; it has to be harnessed, cultivated, manifested, and then realized.
- We, the conquerors, undergo a series of setbacks only to be set up for the promise that God has in store for us.
- Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:24
- …I would hate to see you waste your talent; you can be anything in this world, if you push for it.
- Can you envision what you want to do next?
- Asses how your current environment serves as an inhibitor or as catalyst to the fulfillment of your goals.
- God will show you your heart’s desire, and he will also provide you the means to fulfill your dreams.
- Beloved, I encourage you to keep making those steps toward pursuing success.
- When you begin pulling and searching for things that you don’t have, remember that you have God. He is, and owns EVERYTHING.
- If you really want something worth having, you have to sacrifice for it. It may require bleeding, sweating, and even crying to get it. Just ask the Lord to help you out along the way. Take breaks, but don’t break away from it.
- Merit and success are great to achieve. Success coupled with humility and integrity is even better.
- Our dilemmas are God’s opportunity.
- Understanding that God has to be the source of our strength, hope, and determination changes everything.
- Never give up in your pursuits.
- In your attempts to move forward remember to help bring others forward with you.
- Whoever tries to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it. Luke 17:33
- POWERFUL: preparation, opportunity, will of God, enter, receive, faithful, unlimited love
- When God calls you, you will know it, and you’ll never be able to forget it.
- One often has to do what they have to do in order to do what they want to do; however, if you only do what you want to do, then you will never do what you have to do.
- It is unacceptable to take a deaf ear and a blind eye to the world’s poor, sick and diseased.
- Our greatest failure would be not to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ to forgo the responsibility of making this world better than how we found it.
- You can go as far as your faith will take you.
- Most people who are committed to continuous growth and change will find that transformation is a life-long process.
- My future and realizing my full promise was contingent upon my OBEDIENCE to God.
- The pendulum does shift. Trouble can’t and will not last always.
Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never — in nothing, great or small, large or petty — never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. ~ Winston Churchill