Set your gaze on the prize and don’t let it go.
Your destiny is too important not to lock in to what sets your heart on fire.
So I want to encourage you to make every step count.
That may require you to let go of somethings, some people, even the good….
so God can take you to great.
The word FOCUS has been buzzing around in my ear for some time now. In this season of transition that I am in, I realize that self-discipline and focus are key to taking me to what is next. I read this book by Brian Tracy called No Excuses! The Power of Self-Discipline. Here are a few nuggets I got that has been transforming my thinking and has allowed me to refocus in some areas where I lack discipline. Be Blessed! Be Revealed!
- The development of self-discipline and self-mastery is the high road that makes everything possible for you.
- Most successful people are long-term thinkers. Short-term gain can cause long-term pain.
- Everything is hard before it’s easy.
- The ultimate end of life is the development of character, not the things you acquire.
- Learn from the experts. Read their books. Attend their seminars. Write to them.
- Be a lifelong student of your craft.
- Reading one hour per day in your field will make you a national authority in three to five years.
- If you could spend an afternoon with anyone, living or dead, what one person would you choose? Why? Why would that person want to spend an afternoon with you?
- You can make excuses or you can make progress. You choose.
- Don’t delay. Procrastination is not only the thief of time; it is the thief of life.
- The difference between successes and failures in life is simply that winners take the First Step.
- Leaders have courage and they have staying power. It is the ability to hang in there and fight after you have gone all in and before you have seen any results or rewards.
- Before you begin any major undertaking, tell yourself, “I never give up.”
- Nothing can really stop you but yourself.
- Develop the reputation for being the hardest-working person in your business.
- The reason why so many entrepreneurs under-achieve and fail is that they lack discipline and the ability to delay gratification. Don’t let this happen to you.
- Practice CANEI Formula: Continuous and Never-Ending Improvement.
- There are no shortcuts. It takes what it takes.
- Discipline yourself to act every minute of the day as if everyone were watching you.
- You cannot manage time; you can only manage yourself.
- Go through your life regularly and practice “creative abandonment.”
- There is never enough time to do everything, but there is always enough time to do the most important things.
- The quality of your thinking largely determines the quality of your life.
- Leadership is the ability to solve problems.
- The happiest of all people are those who feel that they are doing something worthwhile and important with their lives. They feel they are stretching and moving beyond anything they’ve ever done before.
- To be an effective listener, feed back what the other person has said and paraphrase it in your own words.
- The greatest gift is LOVE.
- You are mentally and emotionally healthy to the degree that you can freely forgive anyone who has hurt you in any way. Everyone needs peace of mind.
- The discipline of forgiveness is the key to the spiritual kingdom.
- You have a wonderful mind. You can use your mind on your behalf or you can use it against yourself.